"THE NINE RULES"
RULES FOR THE USE OF YOUR NEW TOOL
1. THREE MEALS PER DAY
( Not FIVE, not TWO.....THREE!)
2. DO NOT EXCEED FOUR OUNCES PER MEAL
(Two to two and one half should be enough;... if in doubt, weigh your
meals before serving.)
3. SOLID FOODS ("Chew Foods") NOT SOFT OR LIQUID FOODS
(Not "slidy, slippery" foods)
4. NO CARBONATED BEVERAGES
(Not even diet sodas!)
(Don't pop your staples or stretch your pouch!)
5. AT LEAST 30 MINUTES PER MEAL
(Don't INHALE your food)
6. DON'T EAT WHILE DOING ANYTHING ELSE
(No distractions,be aware of what is passing through your lips at all
7. LIQUIDS FIRST...PAUSE...THEN SOLID FOODS
(Don't mix; as space is limited, since liquids empty more rapidly than
solids, drink first, then eat. Allow 30-45 minutes after solids to take
8. YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR WEIGHT
CHOOSE FOODS WISELY; SPACE IS LIMITED
9. RENEW YOUR COMMITTMENT EVERY DAY!!!
Surgericial Weight Control Center of Nevada
Postoperative Diet - "The Nine Rules"